Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Tennessee's Partner" Harte

I am going to reiterate as I have done before the words written in this blog ARE MY OPNIONS AND ONLY MY OPNIONS. I am not a scholar of Literature and nor do I claim to be. If I offend anyone then please don’t read my posts.
I did not like this story. How anyone could read this is beyond me. It made absolutely no since and the words even though they may be used in the right text, truly didn’t seem to be. This story reminded me of one of those people that you meet who try to make themselves seem really smart by adding as many twenty dollars words as they have in their vocabulary. It seems to me that this author did just that or sat with a dictionary on his desk and looked for bigger and more complicated words than what he used in his everyday vocabulary. I could not get to the meat of the story without having to read and reread. That to me does not make a good story. The only thing I can tell you was that Tennessee lived with his partner. His partner had a wife. Tennessee said something to her and she ran off, he tried to bring her back but she fell in love with someone else. Tennessee was stricken by grief for having run his partners wife off and not being able to bring her back that he robbed someone. Then there was a trial, but they had already made their minds up that he was guilty. He was hung (I think, that was not made clear). His partner took his body. The partner’s health began to decline. Then he died and they met in death. This was a very badly written story and not one that I liked ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment